Green World City Organisation is dedicated to creating sustainable cities worldwide to address the issues of rapid global urbanisation, environmental pollution and climate change. We focus on cost-effective solutions that make cities more environmentally sustainable and economically vibrant.
Green World City Organisation is a global network of CEOs, senior executives and experts involved in creating sustainable projects worldwide. Our Advisory Board and team are global leaders with the knowledge, track record and skills in the development of more sustainable cities and preservation of our environment. Our services include:
- GREEN CITY FRAMEWORK™: Our framework integrates all the major components to help make a city more sustainable. It adds significant value, minimises risk and provides guidelines in many areas such as sustainable planning, green transport and green technologies.
- GREEN CITY THINK TANK: Our global network include expertise from:
- Government Liaisons
- Green City Assessment Diagnostics
- Urban Design & Planning
- Masterplan Architect
- Sustainable Design
- Structural & Civil Engineering
- Project Management
- Renewable Energy
- Green Building Technologies
- Eco-Friendly Transport
- SEZ Studies
- Project Finance
- Green Certificates e.g. LEED
- CREATING SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITY PRACTICES: GWC understands that only by building community support globally can we create a greener world.
- HELPING GREEN COMPANIES SUCCEED: We can use our global networks and resources to help green companies add value, promote and expand in new markets.<more>
- GREEN LEADERS SUMMIT & OTHER FORUMS: Our summit and forums brings together many Green Leaders from around the world to initiate new strategic alliances plus launch new green projects, initiatives and technologies.<more>
About Green World City
Green World City’s mission is to help build more sustainable cities worldwide by providing a framework focusing on cost-effective solutions. We are a global network of CEOs, senior executives and experts involved in creating sustainable projects in over 120 countries. Green World City team has campaigned worldwide, shared our knowledge in building a more sustainable future with hundreds of major political and business decision makers, including many World Leaders. We welcome companies with expertise that can add significant value in the creation of green cities to join us as partners.
Green World City Organisation Facts
- GWC was created after meetings with over 400 global leaders in politics, business and environment.
- In 2008, GWC received United Nations letter of endorsement and support for our Worldwide Green Initiative to make cities more sustainable.
- GWC Consortium Advisory Board and Expert Panel has many world leading experts engaged in building more sustainable cities globally.
- GWC has many world leading green companies, including Government companies and some of the largest developers in the world involved in the creation of sustainable cities for decades.
- The SUM of our members have presence in over 120 countries, built over 1 million homes and involved in many green projects around the world.
- Our Green City Framework™ can be adapted globally to make cities more environmentally sustainable, long-term financially viable and also more economically vibrant.
- GWC has been invited to many important forums including UN, APEC Summit, Forbes Global CEO and also invited to meet over 30 world leaders including US President Barack Obama and China President Hu Jintao.
- GWC is on the Steering Committee of the United Nations World Urban Campaign to improve at least 100 million urban lives.
Green World City at APEC CEO Summit 2013 in Bali, Indonesia
APEC 2013 Leaders photo session
Green World City CEO, Sein-Way Tan is one of the few Australian CEOs invited to APEC Summit every year. This summit is one of the few that offers the opportunity to discuss important issues with political and business leaders from across Asia-Pacific. GWC has been a strong and consistent proponent in accelerating the creation of sustainable projects and green cities to create jobs, business opportunities and improve quality of life for the population.
Green World City CEO presenting at Nobel Peace Prize City City Hall in Oslo, Norway
Nobel Peace Prize City Hall in Oslo, Norway
Presentation at Nobel Peace Prize City Hall in Oslo, GWC CEO Sein-Way Tan (second from right) and Mayor of Oslo, Stian Berger Røsland (second from left)
In October 2013, GWC CEO Sein-Way Tan was invited to present in the Nobel Peace Prize City Hall at Oslo Innovation Week. With more than two-thirds of Oslo municipality covered in protected forest, waterways, and agriculture land, Oslo is one of Europe’s leading sustainable cities. By 2030, Oslo aims to cut carbon emissions by 50 percent from current levels.
Green World City invited to NASDAQ closing ceremony, New York City
GWC CEO Sein-Way Tan with delegates at NASDAQ Closing Ceremony
In November 2013, Green World City was invited to NASDAQ Closing Ceremony and to discuss with finance leaders various strategies to help green technology companies.
Green World City hosts the Green Leaders Summit 2013
The Green Leaders Summit brings together the world’s most influential sustainability leaders for inspiring thought provoking days of exchange and solution collaboration. This summit is also the platform to establish alliances with leaders in the sustainable industry and a launchpad for mega green projects, green initiatives and green technologies with global significance.
Sydney Lord Mayor Clover Moore opening Green Leaders Summit 2013
VIP Speakers delivering powerful message that sustainability brings many benefits
Sein-Way Tan, CEO of Green World City Organisation and Zheng Xiaoping, Founder of China City Development Foundation signing agreement to build Green Cities in China
Launching Ceremony of Green City Tank Tank and Green City Project Catalyst
GWC CEO with Partners at the UN signing ceremony
GWC CEO Sein-Way Tan with US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
GWC CEO with Japanese Prime Minister Hatoyama and wife
GWC CEO Sein-Way Tan with Indonesian President Yudhoyono
Many World Leaders discuss the challenges facing the world
Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd with Sein-Way Tan(陈诚伟)
Our CEO Sein-Way Tan receiving a gift from an official of Putrajaya
Speakers at the Diaoyutai State Guesthouse(钓鱼台国宾馆)
Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and Sein-Way Tan
We welcome world-class green experts and companies to join us and help build green cities worldwide: