“Green World City is dedicated to creating sustainable cities worldwide to address the issues of urbanisation, environmental pollution and climate change. We focus on cost-effective solutions that make cities more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.”
Green World City is dedicated to help build more sustainable projects and cities worldwide by providing a framework focusing on cost-effective solutions. Our Think Tank is a global alliance of CEOs, senior executives and experts involved in creating sustainable projects in over 120 countries. We have shared our knowledge in building a more sustainable future with hundreds of major political and business decision makers worldwide.
GREEN CITIES & SUSTAINABLE PROJECTS: Our GREEN CITY FRAMEWORK™ & SUSTAINABLE PROJECT FRAMEWORK™ integrates environmental, social and economic considerations to help make cities and projects more sustainable. It adds significant value, minimises risk and provides guidelines in many areas such as sustainable planning, green transport and green technologies. <more>
FUTURE CITY THINK TANK & EXPERTS: Our global network creating sustainable projects include expertise from many sectors. <more>
CREATING SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITY PRACTICES: GWC understands that only by building community support globally can we create a greener world.
SUSTAINABLE PROJECTS, TECHNOLOGIES & INITIATIVES: We can use our global networks and resources to help green companies add value, promote and expand in new markets. <more>
GLOBAL LEADERS ALLIANCE: Our Global Leaders Alliance is an alliance of influential global leaders in politics, business and academia involved in significant projects contributing to economic, social and environmental sustainability. We have shared our vision and knowledge with many decision makers on creating a better future for all. <more>
CEO & BUSINESS LEADERS SUMMIT: Our summit and forums brings together many Green Leaders from around the world to initiate new strategic alliances plus launch new green projects, initiatives and technologies. <more>
GREEN WORLD CITY NEWS
Green World City invited to APEC Summit in Beijing
In November 2014, Green World City was invited to the APEC Summit in Beijing. Major announcements were made, including that New Economy represents the trend of economic growth and sustainable development in the Asia-Pacific region and beyond. APEC Leaders declared support for the efforts to promote economic restructuring and upgrading in traditional industries, explore new and promising economic growth areas such as the Green Economy, the Blue Economy, and the Internet Economy, and promote green, circular, low-carbon and energy-efficient development.
Green World City CEO presenting at Nobel Peace Prize City City Hall in Oslo, Norway
In October 2013, GWC CEO Sein-Way Tan was invited to present in the Nobel Peace Prize City Hall at Oslo Innovation Week. With more than two-thirds of Oslo municipality covered in protected forest, waterways, and agriculture land, Oslo is one of Europe’s leading sustainable cities. By 2030, Oslo aims to cut carbon emissions by 50 percent from current levels.
Green World City hosts the Green Leaders Summit 2013
The Green Leaders Summit brings together the world’s most influential sustainability leaders for inspiring thought provoking days of exchange and solution collaboration. This summit is also the platform to establish alliances with leaders in the sustainable industry and a launchpad for mega green projects, green initiatives and green technologies with global significance.
Green World City Gallery
About Green World City
Green World City’s mission is to help build more sustainable cities worldwide by providing a framework focusing on cost-effective solutions. Our Think Tank are a global alliance of CEOs, senior executives and experts involved in creating sustainable projects in over 120 countries. We have shared our vision and knowledge in building a more sustainable future with hundreds of major political and business decision makers, including many world leaders. We welcome companies with expertise that can add significant value in the creation of green cities to join us as partners.
Green World City Facts
- GWC was created after meetings with over 400 global leaders in politics, business and environment.
- In 2008, GWC received United Nations letter of endorsement and support for our Worldwide Green Initiative to make cities more sustainable.
- GWC Consortium Advisory Board and Expert Panel has many world leading experts engaged in building more sustainable cities globally.
- GWC has partnership with many world leading green companies and some of the largest developers in the world involved in the creation of sustainable cities for decades.
- The SUM of our members have presence in over 120 countries, built over 1 million homes and involved in many green projects around the world.
- Our Green City Framework™ can be adapted globally to make cities more environmentally sustainable, long-term financially viable and also more economically vibrant.
- GWC has been invited to many important global meetings including UN, APEC Summit, Forbes Global CEO and also invited to meet over 30 world leaders including US President Barack Obama and China President Hu Jintao.
- GWC is on the Steering Committee of the United Nations World Urban Campaign to improve at least 100 million urban lives.